Monday, July 16, 2012

Switching Gears

I've changed my mind.

This was my original idea for a photo series (challenge no. 12). The problem is, I don't know many people with small children, and getting a friend of a friend of a friend to let you into their home, force them into a prom dress from 1995, smear makeup all over their face, and then take pictures of them is proving to be more difficult than anticipated.

Basically, people aren't lining up around the block to have this experience, and the entire idea of a photo SERIES is that I need multiple participants. At this rate the series wouldn't be completed by my thirtieth birthday. Kind of the whole point.

But behind the blog curtain I've been carrying on a second photo series, an idea that I had way before Styled by Child. Here is a little taste:


This series should be completed over the course of the next week or two. Looking forward to crossing another challenge off the list.

I'd like to thank the two mothers who did participate. I still love what came out of those shoots, and now they each have some digital images that their kids can use as blackmail for decades to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment