Thursday, March 1, 2012

An Eclectic Audience

Things with Reading Partners and M (challenge no. 21) are continuing along a steady path. Like I've said before, M is very smart, but certain things (like another person existing in her near vicinity) can pull her away from the lesson.

One thing I've noticed is that if she doesn't know a word by sight, she'll just make a wild guess based on what the first letter is. Today, for example, she saw the word "drop" and said "dump." But when I told her to break it up by sounds, she had no problem.

Today's distraction, albeit an adorable one, was M insisting that she read to an audience. Introducing (from left to right) Louis, Makiah, Montserrat, and Randy:


Why she named a bunny ballerina after a British territory located in the Leeward Islands, I don't think I'll ever know. Maybe she is secretly smarter than all of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment