Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Sew Close

I've started making the shirt that will go with my shorts for challenge no. 28 (learn to sew, design an outfit, make it, do a self portrait in it). This endeavor was much more simple and sane than the bottom half of the outfit, mostly because I could just cut out two pieces and sew them together. In fact, I'm nearly done.

Once again I enlisted the help of Sara from The Sewing Studio in NYC. I told her what I had in mind, and she helped me create/cut out my very own pattern and then get to work. I learned how to finish sleeves and measure a bust and create the neckline I wanted. This is definitely something I'm confident I could do again and again. A priceless skill to have. I just feel sorry for my future children who will be forced to wear the same shirt for the first 18 years of their lives.

Here is a little sneak peek:






No comments:

Post a Comment