Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Yoga Wars

So Barnes and Noble was having a buy-2-get-1-free DVD sale, and I went a little nuts on the yoga DVDs. Since we just moved, I've been slacking on the yoga three times a week (challenge no. 1). It's time to get it together.

I thought I'd do a little review of each DVD (starting tomorrow as I have to actually do them). Meet the contestants:


Yeah, I know. Jillian Michaels. But I have one of her other DVDs (called Metabolism Boost Jump Start Fat Annihilator or something similar) and it has made me unable to walk up and down stairs on many occasion, so I figure that her way of yoga is going to be challenging enough. And look what it says on the cover: burn MEGA calories! I like to do MEGA everything, so let's do this, Michaels.



I have never heard of Rodney Yee before (until of course I consulted his Wikipedia page), but he looks like he knows what he's doing. He was a gymnast and ballet dancer and appears to have negative percent body fat. I'm afraid I won't be able to keep up with this one, but we'll see.



I already have some of Exhale's DVDs, purchased after I spent a trial week at the Exhale gym and spa here in NYC and realized they do the exact same thing on the DVDs as they do in their classes. $250 a month saved! Anyway, their classes were extremely challenging, so I'm willing to give their yoga a try.


So I'll be spending the next week with Jillian, Rodney, Elisabeth and Fred. Wish me luck. Namaste and stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment