Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Yoga DVD Review Part III

My at-home yoga for challenge no. 1 continues with Rodney Yee's Yoga Burn:


Maybe I was expecting too much from this one. With the words "burn" and "toning" and "lean" on the front, I was thinking it would be intense. It was challenging, yes, but not in the way I was expecting.

The entire thing is done in slow motion. This has its benefits, most of which Rodney explains before the session begins. Keeping in constant motion without stopping but moving very, very, very slowly (very) is good for your body blah blah blah yoga muscle mumbo jumbo. 

To be honest, I was bored. Yoga on its own is generally too slow for me anyway. I get impatient and just feel like running outside to make up for an hour of breathing and stretching (yes, I know breathing and stretching are extremely good for you and your soul and namaste and whatever, but I just wasn't built for that kind of yoga).

I give Rodney a 4 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment